Each day for 12 days, I will be showing card variations made with Karen Burniston’s Christmas Tree Pop-up die. I recommend watching her assembly video before attempting to cut and assemble the pop-up tree.
For all of these cards I started with an A7 size card base (10 x 6 ½ inches), but because my die cutting machine can only accommodate 6-inch-wide pieces of paper, I had to trim the cards down to 10 x 6 inches.
Day 3 – Holly Joy
With such a busy background paper as the red holly is, the inside decorations are simple. The bird and “with love” tag are from Papercrafter Issue 126 Snowglobe Shaker Card Kit. The white rectangle is from a patterned die. The tree’s star is cut from gold holographic card stock.
The outside of the tree pop-up cards need to have a cover paper on both the front and back to hide the holes cut for the inside mechanism. I used a kraft paper for the front and back covers because it matched the “joy” sentiment topper. The half circles are the cut outs from the tree skirts on the inside. The green zig-zag trim is the scrap from between the big trees die.
Two different stamps were used on the front and back of the envelope. The Studio 112 stamp of four trees acts a seal to the envelope while the Disney Vintage stamp gives a hint as to what is inside the card from the front of the envelope.
Follow the rest of the 12 Days of Christmas Trees with a new post tomorrow.
Click Here for video of all 12 trees
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company 1020 – Christmas Tree Pop-up
- Card Deco Essentials Merry Christmas CDECD0003
Stamps & Ink (on envelope)
- Studio 112 – Mini-Assortment -5 – Evergreen Trees
- Disney Vintage Micky Mouse & Friends A6 Stamp
- Stampin’ Up Classic Stamin’ Pad – Tranquil Tide
- Brazzill Thicket 12 x 12 inches embossed polka-dotted cardstock
- American Crafts 341347 Red Holly 12 x 12 inches paper
- Sparkle & Co. Woodgrain Neutral Paper Pad 5.5 x 7.5 inches
- Printed die cuts from Papercrafter Issue 126 Snowglobe Shaker Card Kit
- Hot Off The Press – Gold Sparkles Holographic cardstock
- American Crafts’ Sticky Thumb Double-sided Super Sticky Red Tape
- Tombow Aqua Mono Liquid Glue
- ½ inch white double-sided tear tape
- Tombow Mono Permanent Adhesive Tape Runner