Each day for 12 days, I will be showing card variations made with Karen Burniston’s Christmas Tree Pop-up die. I recommend watching her assembly video before attempting to cut and assemble the pop-up tree.
For all of these cards I started with an A7 size card base (10 x 6 ½ inches), but because my die cutting machine can only accommodate 6-inch-wide pieces of paper, I had to trim the cards down to 10 x 6 inches.
Day 6 – Gingerbread Joy
This card was inspired by my grandmother who always made her grandchildren gingerbread men for the holidays. Sara Davis’s Winter Wonderland-Frosty Christmas dies have the proportionally correct size ornament, candy cane and gingerbread man for the pop-up tree.
Gingham checked paper became the cover base paper while scrap pieces from the inside decorations (green strips from the inside tree pieces and the circle tree skirt) came into play with decorating the cover. The Gingerbread man hints at what is to come when opening the card.
The tree ornaments were decorated using gel and metallic pens following the embossed features from the dies. Merry Christmas is die-cut as well. The “with love” tag is hand lettered.
Follow the rest of the 12 Days of Christmas Trees with a new post tomorrow.
Click Here for video of all 12 trees
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company 1020 – Christmas Tree Pop-up
- Card Deco Essentials Merry Christmas CDECD0003
- Scrapbook.com Wafer Thin Metal Die Set-Nested Circles
- Oriental Trader – Pattern Rectangle Cutting Die 13829169
- Crafter’s Companion Signature Collection Winter Wonderland by Sara Davis – Frosty Christmas from Cardmaking & Papercrafts Issue 189
Stamps & Ink (on envelope)
- Studio 112 – Mini-Assortment -5 – Evergreen Trees
- Disney Vintage Micky Mouse & Friends A6 Stamp
- Stampin’ Up Classic Stamin’ Pad – Tranquil Tide
- Brazzill Thicket 12 x 12 inches embossed polka-dotted cardstock
- American Crafts 341347 Red Holly 12 x 12 inches paper
- American Crafts 320496 Holiday Toppers 12 x 12 inches paper
- Hot Off The Press – Gold Sparkles Holographic cardstock
- American Crafts’ Sticky Thumb Double-sided Super Sticky Red Tape
- Tombow Aqua Mono Liquid Glue
- ½ inch white double-sided tear tape
- Tombow Mono Permanent Adhesive Tape Runner