Sixty-five years together is a wonderful celebration. Traditionally, this wedding anniversary is blue sapphire. This card was for a long-distance celebration, so it has a pocket inside to tuck a gift.
When I start a card such as this one with a specific theme of sapphire blue, shiny and wedding-like, I pull all the materials I think might work such as blue mirror cardstock, white gold shimmer cardstock, 6 and 5 shaker elements with cutting dies, blue gems and gel dots, as well as heart dies, embossing folders and anniversary sentiments. I had a purchased card base made from pale gold pearlescence cardstock and came folded like an envelope with an inside pocket.
Using several embossing folders, I created some floral and heart textured pieces that became backgrounds and decorative elements for the card using white gold shimmer cardstock. I found I had coordinating heart dies by Sue Wilson that cut the lattice heart from shimmer cardstock and the vellum heart that the inside sentiment was stamped onto.
The “65” and “Happy Anniversary” needed to be cut from the blue mirror cardstock. Because of the intricacy of the sentiment die, I found I had to pass it through my die-cutting machine several times to ensure all was cut crisply.
To assemble, a panel of floral embossed shimmer cardstock was cut 1/4 inch smaller than the folded card base’s dimensions and adhered to the front of the card using double-sided tape. The blue sentiment die-cut was spot glued to the embossed panel. The lattice heart and numbers where glued together before being glued to the card flap. The embossed heart was glued to the inside pocket.
For the inside sentiment, I stamped a white adhesive backed piece of vellum with the anniversary message using StazOn black ink. I waited overnight for the ink to dry before I die-cut the heart from the stamped vellum. Once I knew the positioning of the vellum heart inside the card, I peeled the top edge of the backing paper from the heart and adhered the top edge before peeling all of the backing off and pressing onto the card base.
Blue jelly dots and Nuvo drops were used to embellish the card. (I tried the new aroma scented Nuvo drops that has a mild floral scent. They caution that the scent will fade, so it won’t overpower the card receiver.)
The envelope back was stamped in blue with the “Wishing you Happiness on your special day” sentiment stamp from PoppyStamps.
Thank you for reading this blog post. Please like and leave comments 😊
- Spellbinders – Amazing Paper Grace – Happy Anniversary Vignette – S5-458
- Creative Expressions – Craft Dies by Sue Wilson – Noble Collection-Decorative Hearts-CED5536
- Creative Expressions – Craft Dies by Sue Wilson – Background Collection-Layered Heart-CED7132
- Tonic Studios – Number 6/9 Die and Shaker Set – 2826eUS
- Tonic Studios – Number 5 Die and Shaker Set – 2825eUS
- Sizzix – 3-D Impresslits – Kathrin Breen’s Floral Heart – 665743
- Creative Expressions – 3D Embossing Folders by Sue Wilson – Fanciful Flowers-EF3D-043
- PoppyStamps – Clear Stamp Set – Colorful Life – CL509
- Papertrey ink – Raspberry Suite designed by dawn McVey – Tucked In: Anniversary Stamp Set
Inks & Pigments
- StazOn Solvent Ink – Jet Black
- Stampin’ Up – Classic Stampin’ Pad – Blueberry Bushel
- Recollections – Shimmer Cardstock 65 lb. 8.5in x 11 in– White Gold
- Joy Craft Mirror Cardstock
- Xcut – Xtras Adhesive Vellum Sheets – White
- Mrs. Sparkle & Co. – A7 Shimmer All-in-One – Card and Envelope