Having just discovered i-crafter dies, I had to try out their Heart Hands, Wiper Insert die set.
For this quick card I used a printed card base designed by April Comell from my stash. Because it is a heavy cardstock, I decorated with thin papers, but used a lightweight dark blue scrap of cardstock for the main wiper mechanism and a medium weight cardstock scrap for the hands.
I watched Lynda Kanase’s assembly video a few times before making the card. The mechanism is a simple one that could be used with other things that wave or move. The hand dies have slight embossing for fingernails that you could paint red for nail polish.
After deciding to make this a Valentine’s card, I used my favorite Karen Burniston die for “Happy Valentine’s Day” cut once in white and again in red and off set for the inside. I used the “Love” sentiment die that is part of the Heart Hands set for the front of the card.
The lacy white trim is an older Joanna Sheen die used whole on the front and cut in half for inside the card.
As is my style, I stamped the back of the envelope with a BoBunny hearts stamp in a red ink to hint as to what is inside.
You can view more Valentines by clicking here.
Thank you for reading this blog post. Please like and leave comments 😊
- i-crafter – Heart Hands, Wiper Insert die set – 222045
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Happy Valentine’s Day Die – 1114
- Signature Dies Designed by Joanna Sheen – unnamed scalloped lace
- BoBunny – Clear Acrylic Stamps – I Heart Stars – 12105444
- Stampin’ Up – Classic Stampin’ Pad – Real Red
- Printed card 4 ¼ in x 5 ½ in card and envelope by April Comell
- Green printed paper from stash
- White and red scrap papers from stash
- Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue
- Scrapebook.com Clear Double Sided Adhesive Roll ¼ inch
- Thin red grosgrain ribbon
- Die cutting machine