I really like using this Karen Burniston Swirls pattern plate die with background papers that I made with Nuvo Shimmer Powders.
A thin cursive “Happy Birthday” in black doesn’t overpower the swirls.
The swirls die-cut is 4 ¼ inches x 5 ½ inches. So I cut rectangles of orange (4 ¼ inches x 5 ½ inches), blue (4 ½ inches x5 ¾ inches) and yellow (4 ¾ inches x 6 ¼ inches) to back and mat the swirls. Glue was used to adhere all pieces of this card together.
To add additional interest to the card, I covered the orange, blue and yellow paper with Aqua Shimmer Glitter Gloss.
Thank you for reading this blog post. Please like and leave a comment. 😊
- Karen Burniston – Die – Pattern Plate – Swirls – 1124
- Choles Creative Cards – Die & Stamp Set -Happy Birthday – C-DIEST-HAPB
- Recollections – Cardstock 8.5 x 11 in 65 lb. – Citrus
- Reflections – 8.5×11 inch cardstock – Cape Cod
- White lightweight cardstock
- Black cardstock scrap
- Park Lane – A7 – 50 Cards & Envelopes – White
2 thoughts on “A Birthday with Swirls”
Wowzers! So colorful and pretty. Another die for adhesive sheets. Even the Happy Birthday. Love the added sparkles.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Had some time to play with backgrounds. Always forget about the adhesive sheets until gluing everything in place😁