Sometimes you just have to do what brings you joy and the dancing skeleton stamp by Riley and Company’s Funny Bones Collection brings me joy.
I designed this mini slimline card to measure 3×6 inches to fit inside a 3.5×6.5-inch coin-style envelope using scraps from other Christmas and Halloween card makes.
The pop-up mechanism is from the previously released Katherine Label Pop-Up die set by Karen Burniston (assembly video) and works well inside a top-fold mini slimline as long as the label or stamped image fits within the dimensions of the card. I practiced laying out the card elements with removable tape to get the best placement before gluing in place.
Because I felt the card was joyful inside, it needed just a tiny scary element, so the back of the card has the word “BOO!” in white. The lettering on the front has the base letters cut from black glitter cardstock with orange shadows behind. They are cut using Karen Burniston’s mini alphabet set.
All of the die-cuts are designed by Karen Burniston. The skeleton was stamped on creamy white cardstock and fussy cut around it.
Thank you for reading this blog post. Please like and leave comments 😊
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Mini Alphabet and Numbers – 1197
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Happy Halloween – 1168
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Halloween Charms – 1058
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Halloween Scene – 1014
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Halloween Elements – 1013
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Katherine Label Pop-Up – 1011
- Hot off the Press – Paper Pizazz – Heart Flourish Black – HOTP-10407
- Hot off the Press – Black Glitter Cardstock
- The Paper Studio – Everyday Kraft 12×12 paper pad
- Brazzill – 12×12 sheet of cardstock – Beach Dunes – 300142/PS1067
- Orange and black cardstock scraps
- American Crafts – 5 x7 Kraft card
- Simon Says Stamp – Mini Slimline envelope – Grocery Gag
Pens, Crayons, Inks & Coatings
- Sharpie – Permanent Marker – Ultra Fine Point – Black
- Sakura – Gelly Roll Pen– 06 -Black
- Memento – Fade-Resistant Dye Ink – Tuxedo Black
- Riley & company – Funny Bones – RWD-492