A new year is almost here and the celebration of it should be festive even if we can’t celebrate together.
This card is made with the “Let’s Celebrate!” die set from Die-cutting Essentials issue 72 and the “Fabulous Fizz” stamp set from Simply Cards & Papercrafts issue 212, along with a pre-cut and scored 5 inches x 6 ½ inches card base and envelope.
Mirror card is used as the background that peaks through the die cute sentiment on this card. The card front, after it was covered in a patterned paper, was trimmed to 4 ¾ inches x 6 ¼ inches so that the mirror card border would show. When the word “Celebrate” was cut out the waste from the loops was saved and glued on to the mirror card. The year 2021 was cut from mirror card and glued to the front of the card.
Inside the sentiment was stamped with Versamark Watermark ink and heat embossed with a matte gold embossing powder from Ranger. The confetti was heat embossed with gold tinsel embossing powder.
To add interest to the mirror card inside, a champagne glass was cut from vellum and the glue applied to mimic a liquid filled glass. Bubble made from Glossy Accents were added over the glass.
The closed card, after the glossy accents had dried for several hours, was rolled between cutting plates on a die cutting machine to emboss the “Celebrate” and “2021” into the mirror card.
The back flap of the envelop was also heat embossed with clear gold sparkle confetti to hint at the celebration to come. The card could be filled with sequins when being placed in the envelope to add to the card recipient’s experience. (In my case, knowing the recipient will not appreciate the mess to clean up, I am omitting this step.)
Thank you for reading this blog post. Please like and leave comments 😊
You can see Celebrate 2021! – Part 1 by clicking here.
- Let’s Celebrate die set from Die-cutting Essentials Issue 72, December 2020
- Fabulous Fizz stamp and die set from Simply Cards & Papercrafts Issue 212, December 2020
- VersaMark – Watermark Stamp Pad
- Ranger – Embossing Powder – Gold
- Recollections Sparkle Embossing Powder – Clear Gold
- Recollections Tinsel Embossing Powder – Gold
- Recollections Value Pack of Cards & Envelopes 6 ½ inches x 5 inches
- Joy Craft Mirror Cardstock
- Craft Consortium – Essential Craft Papers 6in x 6 In Premium Paper Pad – Eastern Influences
- Vellum scrap from my stash
- Ranger – Glossy Accents, 0.5oz – GAC27898
- PVA Glue – Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue
- Double-Sided Tear Tape – Scrapbook.com Clear Double Sided Adhesive Roll ¼ inch
- Anti-static Pad
- Tonic Studios – Tim Holtz Stamp Platform
- Recollections – Embossing Heat Tool