A new year is coming and the celebration of it should be festive.
This card is made with the “Let’s Celebrate!” die set from Die-cutting Essentials issue 72 and the “Fabulous Fizz” stamp set from Simply Cards & Papercrafts issue 212.
A piece of double-sided patterned cardstock measuring 8 ¾ inches x 8 inches was folded in half to make a slimline card measuring 4 inches by 8 ¾ inches. Next the “celebrate” die cut the word from the front of the card (with both the word and the waste pies from the letter loops were saved.) It was cut again from mirror cardstock. The single die to cut the splash design was used six times to create a sense of pizzaz to the feeling of celebration. Because of my limited amount of mirror card, the shiny side of a 3 ¼ inches by 8 ¾ inches piece of mirror card was adhered to the underside of the die cut front of the card base. The “celebrate” die cut from mirror card was glued into the opening left from the die cut on the card front. The leftovers from the patterned paper were paper pieced in the openings. The year 2021 was also die cut from mirror card and glued in place.
Because the inside of the card is a patterned paper, a decorative label was cut from white card stock and a larger frame for it from mirror card stock. Using an anti-static pad to dust the white label before being stamped with Versamark watermark ink and then a matte gold embossing powder was applied and heat set. The white label and its mirror card frame were then glued in place on the card base.
Two different colors of embossing power were used on the decorative fireworks and confetti stamped on the white back side of the large mirror card glued to the backside of the card front. These decorations were stamped, and heat embossed in three phases – left fireworks – gold tinsel confetti – right fireworks.
The back flap of the envelop was also heat embossed with the gold tinsel confetti to hint at the celebration to come. The card could be filled with sequins when being placed in the envelope to add to the card recipient’s experience. (In my case, knowing the recipient will not appreciate the mess to clean up, I am omitting this step.)
Thank you for reading this blog post. Please like and leave a comment. 😊
You can view Celebration 2021! – art 2 by clicking here.
- Let’s Celebrate die set from Die-cutting Essentials Issue 72, December 2020
- Fabulous Fizz stamp and die set from Simply Cards & Papercrafts Issue 212, December 2020
- Spellbinders – Nestabilities Essential Label Etched Dies- SS-437
- VersaMark – Watermark Stamp Pad
- Ranger – Embossing Powder – Gold
- Recollections Pearl Embossing Powder – Sapphire
- Recollections Tinsel Embossing Powder – Gold
- Joy Craft Mirror Cardstock
- First Edition – 12 in x 12in Gem Effect Premium Paper Pad – Storyteller – FEPAD137
- #10 Business Envelope from my stash
- PVA Glue – Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue
- Double-Sided Tear Tape – Scrapbook.com Clear Double Sided Adhesive Roll ¼ inch
- Anti-static Pad
- Tonic Studios – Tim Holtz Stamp Platform
- Recollections – Embossing Heat Tool