There is always room for indulgence on one’s birthday. This card is inspired by the Daisy Mae Designs bakery and sweet shops collection of stamps and stencils.
I created the gingham stenciled background with the striped stencil inked one way for the vertical stripes and then turned once to ink the horizontal stripes in coral ink. The doily is inked with the green pistachio through a stencil. The cake was stamped with a permanent black ink and then colored with watercolor pencils and mixed using a waterbrush.
Sentiments stamped on the front of the card come from the Daisy Mae stamp set while the inside sentiment is a Spellbinders’ foiling plate.
The envelope’s back flap was stamped using a mask to stamp just the fruit atop the cake and the spayed with gold mica mist.
Hope this card brings a smile to your face. 😊 Please like and leave a comment.
- Daisy Mae Design – 6in x 6in – Doily Stencil
- Daisy Mae Design – 6in x 6in – Stripy Stencil
- Daisy Mae Design -Celebration Cake Stamp Set
- Memento – Tuxedo Black ink pad
- Ranger-Tim Holtz – Distress Ink – Cracked Pistachio
- Ranger-Tim Holtz – Distress Ink – Abandoned Coral
- Nuvo – Watercolour Pencils – Elementary Midtones, Pastel Highlights and Dark Shadows
- Nuvo Mica Mist – Antique Gold
- Heavy White Cardstock 110# weight 8 ½ x 11 inches
- Recollections Value Pack of Cards & Envelopes 6 ½ x 5 inches
- Spellbinders – Glimmer Hot Foil Roll – Gold – GLF-014
- Spellbinders – Faux Script Happy Birthday Glimmer Hot Foil Plate by Paul Antonio – GLP-012
- Spellbinders – Glimmer Hot Foil System – GLS-001
- Foam squares from my stash
- Double-Sided Tear Tape – Scrapbook.com Clear Double Sided Adhesive Roll ¼ inch
- Ranger – Tim Holtz® Waterbrush Detailer Tip – TIP33080
- Tonic Studios – Tim Holtz Stamp Platform