A new year is coming and for those who are retire this year, 2021 will be a start of a new kind of life.
I needed to make a retirement card for a co-worker who announced her retirement two weeks before December 31, 2020.
Having a large collection of Hunkydory sentiment dies I was able to find all the words I needed except for the word “Done” which I pieced together from other words and placed on a piece of low tack tape to act as a transfer sheet while I added glue to the back and then adhered to the card.
I used paper and a color scheme I had recently used on another slimline card with a doubled-sided First Edition paper that had lines and dots on it that I could line up the words one. The inside sentiment was glued to a piece of vellum laid over the grid pattern on my craft mat to align the words. I personalized the front of the card by adding the individual’s name using some gold mirror card and a tiny Spellbinder’s alphabet die set.
A light blue organza ribbon was tied around the card and a bow tied on. A shiny flat back button was glued to the center of the bow.
The back flap of the envelop was also heat embossed with the gold to say thanks and to hint at the card inside.
Thank you for reading this blog post. Please like and leave comments 😊
- Hunkydory – Moonstone – Say it with Sentiments Cutting Dies– MSTONE258
- Hunkydory – Moonstone – Christmas Wishes Cutting Dies – MSTONE198
- Spellbinders – Sitting Pretty Cutting Dies – DOM-AUG20
- Waffle Flower – Sweet Sentiments Stamp Set – 271296
- Joy Craft Mirror Cardstock
- First Edition – Storyteller – FEPAD137
- #10 Business Envelope from my stash
- Blue organza ribbon from my stash
- PVA Glue – Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue
- Anti-static Pad
- Tonic Studios – Tim Holtz Stamp Platform
- Recollections – Embossing Heat Tool