The anticipation of the holiday season, the longing to see family and friends, the desire for relaxation and time off from the work world, and all the other anticipated joys and adventures of the holidays are what this card is about.
Colorado Craft company’s clear stamps and coordinating dies of Anita Jeram’s delightful drawings and hand lettering make it a joy to make a holiday card using a permanent black ink and watercolor pencils. Thin foam squares and festive background paper complete the front of the card.
My Favorite Things has a cute, layered stamp set and coordinating die which I used inside the card for the famous red suited elf.
I made this card in an evening starting with an A2 card base (4 ¼ x 5 ½ inches) in white. I trimmed a 6×6 background paper down to 4 x 5 ¼ inches and saved the scraps to decorate the back of the card. Using the leftover white cardstock from the card base, I stamped all the images and sentiments and then colored the images. Next, I die cut the images and fussy cut the sentiments. The front of the card decorations are adhered with thin foam squares while the inside stamped pieces are glued in place.
The back of the card was stamped in white with a snarky sentiment of “Yep I made this . (Don’t throw it out.)” from Technique Tuesday. (If I had had more time and forethought, I would have heat embossed all the sentiments on this card.)
To set the experience for the card recipient, I always decorate the envelope back. This time the flap was stamped with a sentiment from another Anita Jeram’s stamp sets Make A Wish and sparkles from a vintage Disney stamp set.
Thank you for reading. If you enjoyed this blog post, please like it and follow the blog. 😊
- Colorado Craft Company – clear stamps & dies – AJ527 – On The Lookout by Anita Jeram
- Colorado Craft Company – clear stamps & dies – AJ481 – Make A Wish Mini by Anita Jeram
- My Favorite Things – clear stamps & dies – CS-600 Sweet Christmas
- Disney -Mickey Mouse & Friends – clear stamps – DUS0171 Mickey A6 Stamp
- Technique Tuesday – Clear Stamps – Made with Love
Inks & Waterolors
- Memento – Fade-Resistant Dye Ink Pad – Tuxedo Black
- Stampin’ Up – Classic Stampin’ Pad -Pear Pizzazz and Real Red
- Simon Says Stamp – Premium Pigment Ink – White
- Nuvo – Highly Pigmented Watercolour Pencils – Pastel Highlights, Brilliantly Vibrant and Elementary Midtones
- Heavy white cardstock – 1 sheet 8 ½ x 11 inches
- Catherine Pooler – Winter Pick-N-Mix 6×6 Patterned Paper
- A2 white envelope