Cards for tiered birthdays (as in 29 again and again) can be fun to make when you add in a pop-up element like a third tiny cupcake.
This card was inspired by the Karen Burniston Mission Poppable for August 2021 to use her Parcel Pop-Up die set. In addition to that die set, I used her Cupcake Pop-Up, the sentiments of “You’re Sweet” and “Happy Birthday,” and the candle from the Cake Pop-Up.
The double side paper is from Echo Park which is an older set designed by Lori Whitlock called Happiness is Homemade. Because the heavy cardstock is double-sided, it cut down on heavy layers of decorative papers.
I assembled the parcel pop-up as shown in Karen’s assembly video But I did not put on the decorative square front panel or flap. I also used a longer strip as the pop-up arm so that it would be tall enough to be seen behind the cupcake pop-up which was cut from a scrap piece of card stock and cut with tabs at the top and bottom to attached to card base and the parcel mechanism front.
The sentiments are cut once from pink glitter cardstock and once from glossy white paper (backside of some packaging). The white is just slightly seen so that the red on red stands out on the “You’re Sweet.” I used a topper from the paper set that had an oval design and the used an oval die to cut it out to frame the cupcake.
Because the card is a slimline size card to fit in a No. 10 business envelope, I needed a large white paper doily to fill the bottom half of the card and allow for a space to write a personal message.
The back of the envelope is stamped with a watermelon colored ink using a cupcake and “Made with love” stamps from Simply Made Crafts.
Thank you for reading. If you enjoyed this blog post, please like it and follow the blog. 😊
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Parcel Pop-Up -1116
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Cupcake Pop-Up – 1008
- Karen Burniston – Dies – You’re Sweet – 1087
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Happy Birthday – 1030
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Cake Pop-Up – 1028
- Spellbinders -Essential Ovals – S4-1038
Stamps & Ink
- Simply Made Crafts by Helen Griffin – Afternoon Tea Sentiments -Stamp Set
- Stampin’ Up Classic Stampin’ Pad – Melon Mambo
- Echo Park – Happiness is Homemade by Lori Whitlock
- Glitter paper – pink and white from my stash
- Dotted paper from my stash
- No. 10 Business Envelope – Neenah Social – Bare White Techweave
Additional Supplies Used: