Autumn can be such a happy, colorful time with much to be thankful for in life.
I decided to make a cardbase mistake into a proper card. I had cut the main pivot Label Charm Pop-Up die through both front and back of an A6 cardbase (6 1/4 x 4 1/2 inches) and used the smallest fancy label die from the set with two small strips to connect the two pivot labels.
My favorite way to make the Label Charm Pop-Up is to figure out the mechanics with a thin cardbase and then cover it with decorative papers. The frames around the pivots are the waste from cutting the out. Because of catch-points the frames create, the sharp points of the frame are trimmed to allow the fancy label to pivot freely.
Double cut the sentiments from different colors and stagger the layers to create shadows as well as some dimension.
Final elements on the card are decorative strips from the paper collection.
Continuing with the autumn leaf theme, I stenciled colorful leaves onto the back of the envelope.
Thank you for reading this blog post. Please like and leave comments 😊
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Label Charm Pop-Up – 1209
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Word Set 7 – Autumn – 1060
- Sunny Studio – Double-Sided 6×6 Cardstock – Critter Country
- Park Lane Paperie – A6 Cardbase and Envelope – Ivory
Inks & Stencil
- AlteNew – Grape Leaves Mask Stencil
- Ranger – Tim Holtz’s Distress Oxide – Barn Door, Mustard Seed and Ripe Persimmon