Say yes to adventure. Chase your dreams. Who knows where it will lead you? This is a card that tries to capture all these sentiments and to celebrate achievement.
The inspiration for this card comes a desire to use all of my bicycle dies, but morphed into a card trying to only use one paper set (Chasing Dreams by Maggie Holmes for Crate Paper). The bicycle die set is by Simon Says Stamp and has the wheel as a separate die so you can cut the perfect tire from a separate color and has a separate basket die as well. The balloons, string of lights and banner flags are from one of my favorite die sets by Sizzix and Courtney Chilson. A fine tipped black marker was used to color the bike’s handles, pedals and balloon strings. A white gel pen was used to color in the balloons’ highlights.
While the outside of the card is to suggest the current moment, the inside is to suggest how pleasant the future will be if you chase your dreams and say yes to adventure.
All of the pop-up, stamped, watercolored and die cut images come from the Hero Arts January 2019 My Monthly Hero kit. I had to cut off the top awning of the flower stand and lower it to fit inside the card. I reinforced the back side of the stand with strips of scrap paper before attaching with double-sided tape.
The tiered stand was inspired by a tiered pop up cake by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs. Since the die is no longer available, I had to improvise to create the right proportional shelves.
The outside sentiments come from the paper stack while the inside sentiments are from two separate sets. The “you’re wonderful” is stamped and embossed from the Hero Arts set and the ”Celebrate” is die-cut from Momenta Firefly’s Celebrate Happy Birthday die set.
- Simon Says Stamp Classic Bicycle -sssd111846
- Sizzix 663581 Courtney Chilston’s Birthday Shadow Box
- Hero Arts January 2019 My Monthly Hero kit
- Momenta Firefly’s Celebrate Happy Birthday die set 35516 R7
- Scotch Foam Tape
- Tombow Aqua Mono Liquid Glue
- VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
- Ranger Black Sparkle Embossing Powder
- Prima Marketing Inc. Watercolor Pencils -The Basics
- Tim Holtz-Ranger Waterbrush -Detailer Tip
- Stampabilities Black Dye Ink Pad
- Ultra Fine Tip Sharpies Black Marker
- White Gel Pen – Gelly Roll 08