Bendi-Shadow Boxes are quick to make when using a scene building die set. I built this tree swing example in under 2 hours from design, locating materials from scrap paper stash to die-cutting all the pieces to assembly, using the Xcut “Make Me” die set included in the Homemaker Die Cuts & Digi Stamps All-in-one Die & Digi Stamp Kit.
I cut two pieces of card stock 5 1/2 inches x 4 1/4 inches for the outside pieces and one piece 5 inches x 4 1/4 inches for the inside layer. Next I scored the two outer pieces at 1/4 inch, 3/8 inch, 5 3/8 inches and 5 1/4 inches on each piece. The score marks closest to the inside are mountain folds and the score marks closes to the outside are valley folds.
Next I laid-out my two rectangular nesting dies and decided on the size cuts I wanted for my shadow box openings on one of the 5 1/2 inch outer pieces and the 5 inch middle piece. I used the largest die on the front outside layer. After cutting the front layer, I used it as a template to place the next size smaller die on the 5 inch middle layer.
I decorated my layers before I assembled the layers together. (I did use some foam tape for the grass in front of the fence for an extra layer of dimension.)
Using 1/8 inch red double-sided sticky tape, I ran strips down the inside edges of the outer two pieces.
Peeling only the left back layer red tape, I lined up the inside layer left edge to the back piece left edge and pressed together. I did the same for the back, right edge and the front edges – doing one edge at-a-time for the most control over alignment of edges.
Because the outer layers are longer than the inside layer, they bow out some which allows the card to stand-up.
Here is another example of a bendi-shadow card.
- Xcut “Make Me” die set included in the Homemaker Die Cuts & Digi Stamps All-in-one Die & Digi Stamp Kit.
- Momenta Firefly’s Nested Scallop Square Dies Lot 6218A 35512 R7
- Shadow box layers –Bazzill Basics dotted cardstock in two colors – Tahitian Princess and Julep
- Flowers and tree leaves DCWS Everyday Essentials Stack of printed paper
- Stampin’ Up -Mini Dimensionals foam
- American Crafts’ Sticky Thumb Double-sided Super Sticky Red Tape
- Tombow Aqua Mono Liquid Glue
One thought on “Bendi-Shadow Boxes”
Amazing, as always!
LikeLiked by 1 person