This card can be for a birthday or another special day for a nautical person.
Ship -in-the-Bottle: Using the Tutti Designs Ship in A Bottle die, cut four times from light blue, brown, white, and oatmeal. Only cut the whole die from blue. The other colors cut the sections needed from scraps. Using distress inks, color the various die-cut sections of the bottle and paper piece as needed. Glue bottle outline to a piece of acetate on the front side. Cut out the bottle shape. Glue rope to outside of bottle neck.
Background: Die cut the rope background from oatmeal cardstock making such al the chads are removed from the image. Glue to a dark piece of wood grained cardstock cut to 4 inches x 5 ¼ inches.
Assembly of Card: Position sentiment strip, ship and then the bottle on to rope background. Glue ship down followed by bottle. Adhere sentiment strip with foam squares. Attached front panel to bard base with foam squares.
Sentiments: The foiled sentiment strip was one I had made during a batch foiling session using up scraps. It was die-cut into a ribbon. The inside stamp sentiment is from a favorite nautical stamp set by Sara Davies.
As is my style, I stamped the back of the envelope with the lighthouse image from the Sara Davies stamp set to hint as to what is inside.
Thank you for reading this blog post. Please like and leave a comment. 😊
- Crafter’s Companion – Signature Collection by Sara Davies – Nautical Collection – from Simply Cards & Papercraft issue 207, August 2020
- Stampin’ Up – Classic Stampin’ Pad – Dapper Denim
- Ranger – Distress Ink – Antique Linen
- Ranger – Distress Ink – Vintage Photo
- Ranger – Distress Ink – Mermaid Lagoon
- Wood grained cardstock from Hero Arts September 2019 My Monthly Hero Kit
- Craft Smith – Hot Buy – Solid Color 4.25 IN x 5.5 IN Cards and Envelopes
- Fun Stampers Journey – Oatmeal Cookie 8.5 x 11 Cardstock – CS-0023
- Colored and white scrap cardstock from my stash
- Dura-Lar .0005 Clear Film Acetate
- Spellbinders – Everyday Sentiments Glimmer Plates & Dies – GOM-FEB19
- Spellbinders – Everyday Sentiments II Glimmer Plates & Die – GLP-094
- Spellbinders – Glimmer Hot Foil Roll – Rose Gold – GLF-004