1. Cut two of each color using the swing die. Save the off-cut pieces for bench supports (I find the best piece is right below the bench , about 3/8 inches tall x 2 inches)
2. Trim off two roofs from darkest colour and the four posts from the lightest color. Cut the chains off the middle color. Cut bench support into two strips. (I save all the parts that I’m not using on this card to use on other cards.)
3. Cut words from each of the three colors.
4. Cut four stems from green and ten small flowers and center circles from flower dies.
5. Cut a 5 inch square and four small strips ¼ inches X 1 ¼ inches from sturdy green cardstock for the card base and post tabs.
6. Trim heart and scallop off one of the roof pieces. Glue roofs to yellow bases.
7. Glue heart and scallop trim together, being careful not to glue roofs.
8. Glue white posts ton fronts of yellow base posts.
9. Take one of yellow benches, snip the back at sides and fold down back to become bench seat. Trim of top of the bench as shown.
10. Cut the bench support strip into two side strips Fold ¼ on either end to form two tabs.
11. Trim tabs to fit the bench cut-outs. Glue tabs to lower side of back of seat piece as shown. Then glue other tabs to back bench piece.
12. Take 5 inches green square and fold in half, fold down one side to make a mountain fold, repeat on other side. Base should have two mountain folds in the shape of a “M.”
13. Glue small green support strips to inside of posts. Let dry and then glue posts to inside valley of base as shown in red circles.
14. Trim off top two loops on bench chains.
15. Cut two lengths of thread or embroidery floss. Thread one piece through the two chains on one side of bench. Repeat with other thread on opposite side of bench.
16. Tape threads to underside of roof making sure bench hangs evenly. (Red circles) Trim off tails of thread. Test swinging your bench. Smile.
17.Glue your words together offsetting at least one or both of the back colors. (Off-setting all three gives a blurred effect as shown, but off-setting just one makes the letters look 3D.)
18. Glue your flowers together and then onto the stems/bushes. Glue to base.
Hope this fun card has put a smile on your face and provided some inspiration for your crafting.
Want to see other swing cards I’ve made? Click here.
Thank you for reading this blog post. Please like and leave a comment. 😊
SUPPLIES Used from Dies R Us:
- Tutti Designs – Dies – Swinging Bench
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Flowers & Bee
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Word Set 12 – Anniversary
- Cosmic Shimmer – Specialist Acrylic Glue – 125ml
- Sizzix – Big Shot PLUS die cutting Machine
Additional Supplies Used:
- Stampin’ Up Classic Stampin’ Pads – Early Espresso and Emerald Envy
- Summer meadow stamp set from Cardmaking & Papercraft Issue 198, August 2019
- Square envelope from my stash
Don’t forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog. There’s a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.
For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.
click below for: