It is wonderful when people get to celebrate 64 years of marriage, so a special card is needed.
This card is primarily made with Karen Burniston dies focusing on the Cake Pop-Up in a 3 3/4 inch x 8 3/4 inch card base. (I used a green leafy coated card stock for the base.)
Cut out two of each of the cake tier pieces, two of the three scalloped edging pieces and two of the bride and groom piece. (I used shimmer cardstock for all but the groom pieces.) Fold tier pieces on scored lines as shown in the photos. Glue each tier together following the video photos.
It is easier to decorate the cake before attaching it to the card. (I added some embellishment drops to the scalloped edges that needed to dry overnight.) Glue one set of bride and groom together on to tab at cake top. Glue the second set on to back side of cake top. Adhere the scalloped edging on to each tier of cake, starting and stopping each scalloped piece at the center fold of each tier.
Use two rectangular foiled gold leaf die-cuts for the cake platter, cutting them in half where they go over the fold. Glued each layer down.
Align the cake center fold with the card base fold on top of the platter+. Place glue on the lowest tier’s folded tabs and glue in place. Fold card closed and firmly press cake to card base. Wait until glue has set to open.
The sentiments for the card front are Karen Burniston’s Word Set 12 -Anniversary and Happily ever after. The heart on the front with “Happily Ever After” is covered with Nuvo Glitter Drops in red. The “64th”was cut using a numbers die from The Greetery and the “th” was cut from one of the word dies in a Hunkydory-Moonstone die set.
Thank you for reading this blog. Please like and follow Ully Cat’s World blog. 😊
Other Anniversary cards I’ve blogged about:
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Cake Pop-Up
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Word Set 12 – Anniversary
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Happily Ever After
- The Greetery – Cake Pops Number Candles
- Hunkydory – Moonstone Cutting Dies – Say It With Sentiments
- Joy Crafts – Cut-debossing stencil die – Background Leaves
- Cosmic Shimmer – Specialist Acrylic Glue – 125ml
- Gelly Roll Pens – White
- Sizzix – Big Shot PLUS die cutting Machine
- Papers by BoBunny and Recollections’ Shimmer Cardstock
- Colored and mirror cardstock scraps
- Nuvo Dream Drops – Cloud 9
- Nuvo Glitter Drops – Red Sunstone
- Stampin’ Up – Crumb Cake ink pad
- Neenah Social – A7 envelope – Bare white techweave
- Heart dies & stamp set from Papercraft Inspirations, issue 176, April 2018
One thought on “64th Anniversary Wishes”
LikeLiked by 1 person