Hi, it’s Sue here from the Dies R Us Design Team with an interactive wedding card.
This card is primarily made with Karen Burniston dies focusing on the Cake Pop-Up in a 3 3/4 inch x 8 3/4 inch card base. (I used a green leafy coated card stock for the base and coordinating mosaic tile cardstock inside.)
Cut out two of each of the cake tier pieces, two of the three scalloped edging pieces and two of the bride and groom piece. (I used shimmer cardstock for all but the groom pieces.) Fold tier pieces on scored lines as shown in the photos. Glue each tier together following the photos.
It is easier to decorate the cake before attaching it to the card. (I added some embellishment drops to the scalloped edges that needed to dry overnight.) Glue one set of bride and groom together on to tab at cake top. Glue the second set on to back side of cake top. Adhere the scalloped edging on to each tier of cake, starting and stopping each scalloped piece at the center fold of each tier.
Cut a 3 1/2 inch circle from gold mirror and then cut a 2 inch circle from the center of the larger circle. Cut in half and glue on either side of the card base fold. (Because I used inside decorative panels, I cut out the 3 1/3 circle from my panels so the card would have no catch points and lessen the bulk of the card.) Play with the layout of your decorative pieces before gluing the cake to the gold circle. Align the cake center fold with the card base fold. Place glue on the lowest tier’s folded tabs and glue in place. Fold card closed and firmly press cake to card base. Wait until glue has set to open.
The sentiments for the card front are Karen Burniston’s Word Set 12 -Anniversary and Happily ever after that I cut twice so that I could off-set the gold and green letters and to be able paper piece the gold heart into the green words. The gold borders on the card front are from another Karen Burniston dies set of Party Border Blends.
Hope this fun card has provided some inspiration for your crafting. 😊
SUPPLIES Used from Dies R Us:
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Cake Pop-Up
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Word Set 12 – Anniversary
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Paper Frames Pop-Up
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Party Border Blends
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Happily Ever After
- Cosmic Shimmer – Specialist Acrylic Glue – 125ml
- Scor-Pal – Scor-Tape 1/4″
- Gelly Roll Pens – White
- Sizzix – Big Shot PLUS die cutting Machine
- Papers by BoBunny and Recollections’ Shimmer Cardstock
- Colored and mirror cardstock scraps
- Nuvo Dream Drops – Cloud 9
- Stampin’ Up – Crumb Cake ink pad
- Neenah Social – A7 envelope – Bare white techweave
One thought on “Luscious Wedding Wishes”
What a very special wedding card this would be for some lucky couple. Lovely!
LikeLiked by 1 person