Sometimes we just feel like being out there in space when it comes to celebrating birthdays. This interactive space themed birthday card is made with Whimsy Stamps “Over The Moon” stamp set and kinetic dies.
Having watched Jennifer Dove’s video on Whimsy Stamps kinetic dies, I proceeded in making a similar card to the one she made, but I expanded the card into a tri-fold card letting the viewer find the cake.
Because this was the first time, I had used the kinetic dies, I made a few mistakes – the first being I have the rocket moving backwards when you first pull the strip. My second mistake was that I should have used thicker cardstock or cut two and glued together for the pull strip. And my third mistake was allowing the moon to warp when I watercolored it.
I stamped the images with black Memento Fade-Resistant Dye Ink onto white cardstock. The images are colored with Spectrum Noir Sparkle Glitter Brush-Pens and a Faber-Castell white India ink pen. Once dry, the images were fussy cut and ready to use for decorations.
The moon background was colored using Nuvo Watercolour Pencils in gray and black tones as well as a black Spectrum Noir Sparkle Glitter Brush Pen. I used a heat tool to dry the second and third moon backgrounds which did not warp as badly as the first moon which I let air dry overnight.
I recommend watching the assembly video for all the steps in assembling the No-See Kinetic mechanism. Because I followed the video’s directions forgetting that my rocket image went the opposite direction from the one in the video, my rocket goes backwards. Doubling up the foam tape is a must so that it matches the height of the foam dot.
The navy blue card base is made up of two panels 5 1/2 x 6 1/2 inches with tabs scored and folded at 1/4 inches on the short side. The tabs are then glued to a 5 1/2 x 6 inches panel to create the tri-fold card base.
My card uses all the stamps in the set for the three panels. It would be an ideal card for a child.
The card fits folded into an A7 envelope which is stamped on the back with the last of the three sentiments included in the stamp set – “I’m over the MOON for you!”
Thank you for reading. If you enjoyed this blog post, please like it and follow the blog. 😊
- Whimsey Stamps – Clearly Whimsy Stamps – Over the Moon – KHB159
- Whimsy Stamps – Rubber Stamp – Moon Background – DP1001
- Whimsey Stamps – Whimsy Shapeology – Kinetic Curved basics Die Set – WSD321
- Whimsey Stamps – Whimsy Shapeology – No-See Kinetic basics Die Set – WSD291
- CosmicShimmer – Specialist Acrylic Glue – 125ml
- Fineline 20 Gauge Applicator & Bottle
- Sizzix – Big Shot PLUS die cutting Machine
- Nuvo Watercolour Pencils
- Waterbrushes – wide and fine tipped
- Spectrum Noir Sparkle Glitter Brush-Pens
- Faber-Castell white India ink pen
- Memento Fade-Resistant Dye Ink – Tuxedo Black
- Foam tape and dots
- Navy Blue and White Cardstock
- Patterned Paper from The Paper Studio
- A7 Neenah Social – Bare White Techweave Envelope
One thought on “Over the Moon Birthday”
Love this card 👍🏻🙋🏼♀️Fab images and sentiments Sue
LikeLiked by 2 people