A wet snowy night for Christmas Eve and Santa and his reindeer are feeling a bit blue with the weather, but whoever receives this card will be cheerfully surprised when Santa pops-up.
This is a slimline card version of a non-traditional color scheme Santa scene that I used on another project that will be unveiled during the sneak peak week of Karen Burniston’s December 2022 release.
To create the the inside pop-up scene, I used four of Karen Burniston’s previously released die sets – Sleigh Pop-Up, Christmas Animals and Gnome and Santa. I had to reverse the direction of the sleigh to make it work with the reindeer dies. The reindeer are each made up of two die cuts that are glued together at their antlers and have the face colored on the front side only, but with narrow strips of cardstock forming “U” shaped bases for the feet to be glued onto. Blue and white baker’s twine is glued on to the reindeer for the harness and reins.
The front sentiment and pine branches are all by Karen Burniston. The tiny bows are from the sleigh die set while the pine branch is from the Holiday Charms set.
Velvety flocked paper lines the inside of the card with crisp white snowflakes (from holiday charms and sleigh die sets) and a fancy edged label for a personal message finish the inside scene.
As per my usual, I like the back of the envelope to hint at what is to come. The stamps are by Paper Discovery.
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Labels – Crosshatch – 1184
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Merry Christmas Shadow – 1177
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Holiday Charms – 1143
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Gnome and Santa – 1129
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Merry Christmas – 1064
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Christmas Animals – 1061
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Sleigh Pop-Up – 1021
- Recollections – Signature Especial 12×12 Foil Paper – Silver Glitter -220520
- Spellbinders -8.5×11″ sheets of 100lb. Cardstock – Waterfall – CS-017
- Stampin ‘Up – 12×12″ Specialty Vellum – Snowflakes
- Stampin’ Up – 12×12″ Snowy White Velvet Sheets
- Brazzill – 12×12″ Cardstock -Coconut Swirl
- Pink, Black and Yellow Cardstock Scraps
- Blue and Pink Fine-Tipped Markers
- Sakura – Gelly Roll Pen – Silver -XPG#744
- Ranger – Tim Holtz – Distress Ink – Salty Ocean
- Stampin’ Up – Classic Stampin’ Pad – Blueberry Bushel
- Paper Discovery by Olga Direktorenko – A5 Clear Stamps – Rustic Christmas – Christmas Sentiments
- Neutral PH Adhesive by LINECO
- Fine-Tip Glue Bottle
- Die Cutting machine
- Pokey tool
- Sponge Dauber
- Stamping Platform
- Stampable Stamping Tool
One thought on “Santa’s Sleigh Pop-Up”
Another amazing card! Love how you backed the Merry Christmas with glimmer paper. Really makes it stand out. And the santa is adorable. Cute, cute, cute.
LikeLiked by 1 person