This card was made for Crafting Roulette #159 whose parameters included a card type of my choice (5×7 pop-up), strawberry fields colors, plaid or gingham and a chair. It has a conservatory or fancy potting shed feel to it.
Karen Burniston’s Adirondack Chair die set is the basis for this pop-up card that uses a slipcover to convert it into an overstuffed chair. (See this video for technique.) I made a template that I can used to quickly create the slipcover.
First I glue strips of paper to the from of the legs and then glue the arms on pushing down the over hang tips to form the rounded arm fronts. Glue the slip cover to the chair base.
The plants are die cut from the Garden Charms set while the dog is from the Doghouse die set. All are popped-up using cubes made from strips of matching cardstock. The tiny bright strawberries are clay shaker elements adhered with dots of glue.
I like being able to use one paper collection for an entire card for coordinating colors and designs. The Graphic 45 Fruits & Flora set was perfect for this in the 8×8-inch size. It had journaling tags and border that were just the right scale for this card and envelope flap.
For more chair and seating blog posts click here.
Thank you for reading this blog post. I hope this inspires you and makes you smile. Please like and leave comments 😊
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Doghouse Tiny House Add-ons – 1221
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Garden Charms – 1085
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Adirondack Chair Pop-Up – 1071
- Graphic 45 – 8×8 Double-Sided Paper – Fruit & Flora Collection
- Terra Cotta and Green Cardstock
- Paper Lane Paperie – A7 Cardbase and Envelope – White
- Sakura – Gelly Roll Pen – Medium – Black
- Sakura – Gelly Roll Pen – Medium – White
- Neutral PH Adhesive by LINECO
- Fine-Tip Glue Bottle
- Scrapbook.com – Double-Sided Tape -1/8-inch wide
- Clear Removable Tape
- Die Cutting Machine
- Dress My Craft – Clay Shaker Elements – Strawberry Slices