Coming home after a long stay in the hospital deserves a cheerful card. Home Sweet Home may have a different meaning for those of us who have been fortunate enough to stay healthy during this year of COVID-19, but to a survivor it truly can be sweet.
The mechanical base for this card come from Karen Burniston’s House and Fence Pop-Up die set, as does the house. The fence, flowers, grass, tree and swinging girl come from the Xcut “Make Me” die set included in the Homemaker Die Cuts & Digi Stamps All-in-one Die & Digi Stamp Kit.
This is about the eighth time I have made this pop-up platform which is easy to use. I spent time exploring how to get the best embossing impression on the house by using fun foam to act as a shim. I inked the house and decoration on the tree and swinging girl with distress inks. The bushes are a scrap decorated with pink dots from the flowers.
The front sentiment is another Karen Burniston die set which makes it quick and easy to create a stylized sentiment. The strawberry comes from the Park Lane paper pad as does the gingham tag inside the card.
I created the inside sentiment on the computer and used distress ink to color the background. If I were to print the sentiment again, I would ink the paper first and then print the words to minimize the black ink blurring.
The folded size of the card is 5 ½ inches by 5 ¾ inches. For interest, the bottom front edge is fussy cut along the printed scalloped edge.
Video is at https://spark.adobe.com/video/Ah8pNrimuXg8u.
- Karen Burniston in Cahoots with Riley and Company – 1015-House and Fence Pop-Up
- Karen Burniston in Cahoots with Riley and Company – 1101 – Home Sweet Home
- Xcut “Make Me” die set included in the Homemaker Die Cuts & Digi Stamps All-in-one Die & Digi Stamp Kit.
- The Paper Studio – 8.5 x 11 inches -Gingham Red – 148429
- Park Lane Paperie -Strawberry Patch -12 x 12 inches – 1658-1548
- Green, white cardstock and colored scraps from my stash
- Ranger – Distress Inks – Fired Bricks, Vintage Photo and Salty Ocean
- Computer printed sentiment in black ink
- PVA Glue – Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue
- Red double-sided clear tape
- Clear double-sided tear tape
- Foam squares
- Black sewing thread