Being thankful for friends, family and a good harvest is what this basket pop-up card is all about.
Wide Woven Basket: This die set makes it easy to create a rectangular pop-up basket. (Prior to this set you had to die cut an extra set of pieces to widen the basket sides and grass. See video.) When used with the previously released Woven Basket Box Card, you cut two sets of the original size sides and two sets of the wide size sides. Follow the directions on the package or the assembly video to weave the basket and join the sides together. (I cut four rope handles because my cardstock was printed on the back side – so two ropes glued together.)
Crossbars of Grass: The Wide Woven Basket Box Card includes the wide grass crossbars used to attach the various balls. (I cut four to make a full basket and glued them in rather than tucked as suggested in the video.)
Autumn Elements: The leaves, vine, pumpkin and acorns are all from a previously released Karen Burniston Autumn Elements die set. (I didn’t do a test layout of my leaves with the basket folded closed overt the envelope, hence the folded tips of leaves to fit into the envelope.)
Sentiment: The “Happy Thanksgiving” is from the Karen Burniston Autumn word set. It is a single layer of a contrasting color from the basket. For the matted label on the back of the basket, I used the large rectangle and the smaller stitched rectangle from Karen Burniston’s Slim Frames set. This label is for a personal message.
Bam Boxes: To animate the basket when it comes out of the envelope and pops into shape, two small “Bam Boxes” were used. (Bam Box assembly video)These easy to make, rectangular boxes are powered by a small rubber band. (I used #8 size bands.) These go in diagonally opposite corners of the basket. Once glued in, the basket will only fold flat in one direction. (I recommend using a heavy weight cardstock for bam boxes and letting each stage of gluing dry before moving onto the next step.)
Envelope: As with all my cards that are sent in an envelope, I have stamped the back flap. This time it is stamped with my main sentiment. This is an A7 envelope.
Thank you for reading this blog post. Please like and leave comments 😊
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Wide Woven Basket Box Card – 1223
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Bam Box – 1222
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Slim Frames – 1150
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Woven Basket Box Card – 1080
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Word Set 7 – Autumn – 1060
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Autumn Elements – 1059
- Rubberneck – 6 x6 Paper Pad Double-Sided Papers 80# Cardstock – Autumn Leaves
- A7 White Envelope
Inks & Stamps
- Catherine Pooler – Premium Dye Ink – Spa Collection – Mandarin Spice
- Stampin’ Up – Classic Stamping Pad -Crushed Curry and Pumpkin Pie
- Crafter’s Companion – Nature’s Garden – Autumn Blessings Collection