What a jolly feeling the “Ho Ho Ho” of Santa brings to anyone who hears or sees it. This 3D snow globe designed by Becca Feeken for Spellbinders makes you hear the jolly old elf.
This was my first time using these die sets. I focused on using just four colors of red, green, white and gold and mostly mirror or foiled cardstock.
My Santa and tree are based off of the picture on the packaging using Nuvo Drops instead of jewels. I die cut several layers of the Santa and tree using up scraps to fussy cut the various pieces of the scene which are glued onto a red base. The belt and boots are colored with a fined-tipped black permanent marker. The belt buckle is a freehanded square of gold paper.
The holly leaves are fussy cut and glued onto the sentiment and front layers. The red berries are red glitter glue. I added a thin green stripe at the bottom of the front layer for interest.
As is my style, I stamped the back of the envelope with hints of what’s inside using red and green ink and Christmas sentiment stamps from Paper Discovery. I used a new stamping tool with my stamping platform for an even and easy stamped image. I highly recommend the Stampendable Stamping Tool.
Thank you for reading. If you enjoyed this blog post, please like it and follow the blog. 😊
- Spellbinders – Amazing Paper Grace – Grand Snow Globe – S6-158
- Spellbinders – Santa Claus Layering Set – S5-397
Stamps & Ink
- Stampin’ Up Classic Stampin’ Pad – Real Red and Tranquil Tide
- Paper Discovery – Rustic Christmas – Christmas Sentiments A5 Stamp Set
- Heavy white card stock
- Tonic Studios – Craft Perfect Iridescent Mirror Card – Fire Stone Red
- Joy Craft Mirror Cardstock
Additional Supplies Used: